Skip to main content
Make the most out of any wiki by using our free sister product,
Blendspace by TES
, to create interactive lessons and presentations!
Pages and Files
EI Helen Keller Project - French
EII ACA Intro to Reseach - Knight
EIII AM Studies - Reconstruction (Blevins & Holtgrewe)
EIII Gun Control (Aguilar)
English 1- Greek Mythology- Grieve
English EIV-H Allusions Tagtmeir
English Garcia Speech Topics
English I - Shakespeare & His Times - Quirk
English I - Shakespeare & His Times - Talsma
English I 1930's Research O'Malley
English I Elizabethan Time Period Stolarsky
English I Etymology
English I Etymology - Grieve
English I Etymology - Rossetti
English I Greek Gods and Goddesses Quirk
English I H - Poetry Research
English I Honors Current Events
English I Honors War Narratives Stolarsky
English I Of Mice & Men
English I Of Mice & Men - Macumber
English I Of Mice & Men - West
English I Shakespeare
English I-II - Poetry-Poe (McCabe)
English I-Shakespeare and His Times - Mr. Grieve
English IH Greek Mythology
English IH Renaissance Elizabethan
English II - Memoir Research
English II - Persuasive - Meister
English II - Research - A Process
English II - Speeches
English II - Speeches - Ellis
English II Abuse of Power Gagliardi
English II ACA Cause & Effect
English II ACA Giordano Research Process
English II Cause & Effect - Garcia
English II Cause & Effect Reflection - Schump
English II Cause and Effect, Meister and Kaiden
English II Digital Research Project - Khodos
English II H Journalism Blog Assignment
English II H Essential Question Project
English II H Journalism TKM Essential Questions
English II H TKM Gagliardi
English II Honors - Fahrenheit 451 & Timetoast.com
English II Honors - First Amendment Speeches
English II Honors - Racism or Not Racism?
English II Honors- Fahrenheit 451-Marten
English II Hunger Games Audio
English II Intro to Research Gagliardi
English II Of Mice and Men Project
English II Persuasive Essay Research
English II-Cause & Effect
English II-Cause&Effect Topics
English III - American Spirit
English III - Reading Card - Quirk
English III 1920s Research Kosanovic
English III AP Catcher in the Rye
English III Creation Myths Rossi
English III From Puritans . . . Kosanovic
English III H Crucible Khodos
English III Honors
English III I Search Rossetti
English III Puritans are crazy . . . We are still Puritans Aguilar
English III Research Quirk
English III Romanticism Kosanovic
English III The Great Gatsby Essay Aguilar
English III- Reading Card- Catcher in the Rye
English IV - Creative Writing - Easybib
English IV Allusions - O'Malley
English IV Allusions Project
English IV AP
English IV AP Drama-Plays (French)
English IV AP Poetry Study - French
English IV Biblical Allusions Project
English IV Creative Writing - Crime Story
English IV Creative Writing Picture Poem Project
English IV Creative Writing Poetic Forms
English IV Genocide Kosanovic
English IV Genocide Project LaCount
English IV Heroes Project
English IV Honors Buddhism and Hinduism
English IV Humanities
English IV Media Screenplays Orna
English IV Steve Jobs
English IV The Alchemist (Kosanovic)
English IV World Lit Senior Paper
English IV World Literature Greek and Roman Myths Research
English IV- Presidential Biographies - Marx
English IV-H Allusions Tagtmeier
English l Etymology-Grieve
Journalism Recommended Reading
Racist or Not Racist
WWW English Resources
English II Cause and Effect, Meister and Kaiden
EII Cause and Effect (Mrs. Meister and Mrs. Kaiden)
Student Resources in Context
SIRS Issues Researcher
Topic Questions and Keywords
List of Topics for Cause and Effect
What are the effects of overcrowding in prisons and [[#|schools]]?
Prison overcrowding, correctional institutions, overcrowded prisons, prisoners, prison reform
2. What are the effects of noise pollution?
Noise pollution, hearing loss, [[#|noise control]], noise-induced hearing loss, tinnitus,
3. How is mood affected by weather?
Seasonal affective disorder, mental health, phototherapy, Mood (psychology), Depression (mood disorder), mood disorder
4. What are the immediate and long-term effects of global warming?
Climate Change, Greenhouse Effect, Greenhouse Gases, Atmosphere, Carbon Dioxide, Methane
5. What are the effects of cyberbullying?
Cyberbullying, Social Networks, Social Media, Bullying, Internet Safety, Online Social Networks, Bullying
6. What are the long-term effects of adolescent obesity?
Obesity, Weight Gain, [[#|Body Mass Index]], Nutrition, Chronic Disease, [[#|Gastric Bypass]]
7. What are the long-term effects having a baby while in high school?
Teenage Pregnancy, Teenage Mothers, Birth Control, Single Mothers, Contraception, Illegitamacy
8. What are the effects of dropping out of high school?
High School Dropouts, Dropouts, Academic Failure, High School Equivalency Programs, High Risk Students, At Risk Youth
9. What effect does music have over our behaviors and beliefs?
Music Education, Human Behavior, Mass Media, Social Influence, Media Violence, Music Videos, Child Development
10. What are the effects of one’s physical appearance to his or her success?
Personal Appearance, Employer Attitude, Discrimination, American Culture, Social Pressure,
11. What are the effects of starting school at a later time?
School Schedules, Biorhythms, Academic Achievement, Sleep Deprivation,
12. What effect do extra-curricular activities have on a student?
School Activities, Social Skills, Time Management, Academic Achievement, School Participation,
13. What are projected effects of lifting a teenage curfew?
Curfew, Curfew Laws, Juvenile Delinquency, Juvenile Offenders, Social Control
14. What would be the effect if the United States was to stop allowing immigrants into the country?
Emigration and Immigration, Illegal Immigration, Immigration Law, Immigration Policy,
15. What effect does an improper diet have on adolescents?
Child Nutrition, School Lunches, Overweight Children, School Nutrition, School Food Services,
16. What effect does pre-school have on children’s development later in life?
Preschool Education, Early Intervention, Kindergarten, Head Start Programs, Child Development
17. What effect would a lowered drinking age have on society?
Drinking Age, Juvenile Drinking, Liquor Laws, Youth Alcohol Use, Drinking Age, Law and Legislation
18. What are the effects of the automobile industry switching to all hybrid vehicles?
19. What are the effects of students and schools feeling the need to do well on standardized tests?
cheating, standardized tests, school performance,school vouchers
20. What are the effects of a public school education (as compared to a private school education)?
public schools, outperform, study shows, standardized tests, education, vouchers, funding
21. What are the effects of students holding down jobs while they are in high school?
academic achievement and jobs, working, impact of jobs on high school students
22. What are the effects of recycling paper and plastics and what difference is it making?
recycled plastic, waste recovery, environmental protection agency, plastic bottles, recycling and contamination
23. What are the effects of concussions on athletes?
concussions on athletes, brain injuries and athletes,
prolonged effects and concussions and athletes, consequences of concussions
24. What are the effects of birth order on a child’s success and personality?
birth order, sibling relationships, creativity, IQ
25. What are the causes of the increasing divorce rate in the United States?
reasons for divorce, high rate of divorce, divorce rate, poverty and divorce, tolerance for divorce
26. What are the long term effects of steroid use? (choose a specific drug or two to research)
steroids, health, effects, high school, side effects, a
thletes, drug use
27. What are the effects of smart phones on society?
mobile phones, cellphones, student achievement, communication
28.What effect does texting and instant messaging have on students’ [academic] writing?
writing skills, text-message, students, grammar [Google has some good articles but student must be
29. What are the effects of cheating in school?
academic cheating, student cheating, academic integrity, student ethics, cheating (education)
30. What are the effects of severe acne on teenagers?
Acne, skin care, cosmetics industry, accutane, skin disease, retinoids, skin, care and hygiene
31. What are the effects of winning the lottery?
Lotteries, Lottery Winners, Gambling, fortune, Luck,
32. What impact does technology have on family time?
technology and society, family relations, interpersonal communication, family life, lifestyles, quality of life
33. What are the effects of fast food restaurants becoming more popular?
Obesity, food industry, convenience foods, nutrition, food portions, United States Department of Agriculture, FDA
34. What are the effects of talking on a cell phone too much?
Distracted driving, wireless telephones, wireless communication services, etiquette, telecommunications policy
35. What are the effects of sleep deprivation?
health, memory, alertness, performance, sleep deprivation, anxiety, regeneration of neurons, sleep deficiency, sleep disorder
36. What are the effects of education level on employment and salary?
earn, gap, value of a college degree, career earnings, glass ceiling, workforce, higher paying industry, education and income, income inequality, unemployment, level of education
37. What are the effects of religion in our everyday lives?
voting, drugs, alcoholism, teenagers, faith, laws, social customs (this may actually be a topic that works best with a Google search)
38. What are the causes/effects of the weakening of the U.S. dollar as compared to other world currencies?
weak U.S. dollar, exports, currencies,
39. What are the effects of reality television shows?
"reality television", children, violence, teenagers, American Idol
40. What are the effects of social networking (such as Facebook and Twitter)?
parents, chat-rooms, teenagers, adolescence, stalking, communication
41. What is the effect of the lack of resources (paper, books, chalk, etc.) on schools and students?
42. What is the effect of the loss (death, parent separation, dissolved relationship) on academic performance?
divorce, test scores, social, children of divorced parents, grief, academic performance, parental job loss
43. What is the effect of technology in the classroom?
computer technology, computers, "effects of technology on classrooms and students" (Google)
help on how to format text
Turn off "Getting Started"